New Software License Optimization Solution Provides the Visibility to Reduce SAP License Liabilities, Enable Audit Readiness and Identify Financial Savings Up to 90%by Aligning Licenses Based on Actual Usage
SALT LAKE CITY — March 5, 2019— Ivanti, the company that unifies IT to better manage and secure the digital workplace, today announced Ivanti® Optimizer for SAP, a software license optimization solution that provides full license visibility, optimization and management for SAP environments. Part of Ivanti’s suite of Asset Management solutions, Ivanti Optimizer for SAP controls license management through intelligent insight which ensures organizations leverage the right SAP licenses based on actual usage. This provides valuable analysis during both contract negotiations and on-going license management to minimize license compliance risk, lower license costs and ensure audit readiness.
“SAP environments can be complex and thus prone to significant over licensing,”said Ian Aitchison, Senior Product Director, Ivanti. “This stems from the traditional process of basing license classifications on theoretical calculations or organizational size, rather than actual usage. Ivanti Optimizer for SAP takes the guesswork out of license classification while delivering the deep insights SAP administrators need to prevent indirect access usage and unauthorized data consumption. It can also pinpoint unused or duplicate licenses which can save up to 90%1on each re-classified license.”
Ivanti Optimizer for SAP controls and optimizes SAP environment licensing through a combination of user inspection, user behavior analysis methods and built-in best practices. As a result, organizations have not only reported significant savings on re-classified licenses, but up to 100%1on dormant and multiple username accounts. Key features include:
· License Reclassification Based on Actual Usage. User usage insights and analysis ensure that SAP licenses are allocated based on actual usage, ensuring that the environment isn’t over licensed.
· Identification of Unused and Duplicate Licenses. Built-in analysis pinpoints inactive and duplicate users, even across different systems and applications.
· Minimization of Financial Risk Exposure from Indirect SAPAccess. Alerts are immediately generated when indirect access usage is suspected, dramatically minimizing the risk of unauthorized data consumption and license contract breaches.
· Up-to-the-Minute License Control. On-going license management control provides an accurate view into current SAP licensing classifications and assures license compliance and audit readiness.
· SAP Engine Optimization. Assess SAP engine usage and gain insight into the best possible payment models which reflect real and current usage.
Deployment of Ivanti Optimizer for SAP can be performed in days, for a rapid return on investment. The solution is external to the SAP environment and doesn’t require any changes to the production SAP system.
Ivanti Optimizer for SAP will debut during Ivanti Interchange 2019 to be held March 11-14 in Madrid and showcased during Ivanti Interchange 2019, April 29-May 2, in Nashville, Tenn. For more information, visit: https://interchange.ivanti.com/.
Ivanti: The Power of Unified IT.
Ivanti unifies IT and Security Operations to better manage and secure the digital workplace. From PCs to mobile devices, VDI, and the data center, Ivanti discovers IT assets on-premises and in the cloud, improves IT service delivery, and reduces risk with insights and automation. The company also helps organizations leverage modern technology in the warehouse and across the supply chain to improve delivery without modifying backend systems. Ivanti is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, and has offices all over the world. For more information, visit www.ivanti.com and follow @GoIvanti.
Copyright © 2019, Ivanti. All rights reserved.
Percentages are based on list pricing of SAP licenses. Dormant and multiple username accounts can be removed completely.