Backup data is the recovery medium of last resort, making it a primary target of ransomware. If backup data is breached, recovery becomes impossible and paying the ransom will become inevitable. Backup storage needs to store data immutably in order to maintain integrity of recovery. Legacy backup storage and high-capacity NAS don’t provide this critical element. Object storage systems provide immutability but are too slow to keep pace with the rapid ingest and recovery demands of modern backup software. StorONE’s S1:Backup is the first backup storage solution to provide 100% ransomware immutability and the fastest backups and recoveries.
"StorONE strives to always provide our customers with the best storage solution” said Gal Naor, StorONE's CEO, “Our backup solution aligns with our vision of ‘THINK RESULTS’. We deliver the best and most cost-effective technology on the market, with the best RTO, RPO, and TCO. S1:Backup retrieves the most updated data and has you back to work at record speeds at the lowest cost, both hardware and software.”
If offered, legacy solutions force customers to use S3 Object Storage for immutability. S1:Backup delivers immutability across all its protocols, including NFS, SMB, S3, iSCSI, Fibre Channel, and NVMe-oF. S1:Backup delivers 100% ransomware resiliency:
- Captures every backup job into an immutable state
- Retain immutable copies indefinitely without impacting performance
- If attacked by malware, rollback to a 30-second old immutable copy
Lowest Possible Recovery Point Objectives Capabilities like block-level incremental (change block tracking) backups enable customers to reduce their exposure to a ransomware attack or other failure. However, a high frequency of backup jobs puts too much strain on hard-drive only backup storage technology, and All-Flash backup storage is too expensive for the use case.
S1:Backup solves the problem by auto-tiering between a generous flash tier and up to a 15PB hard-disk tier to deliver:
• Supports hundreds of simultaneous backup jobs per hour for low RPO
• The lowest possible backup costs thanks to maximum performance from a small number of flash drives and 90% utilization of high-density hard disk drives
S1:Backup Elevates Instant-Recovery to Instant-Production Modern backup-server software's instant or live recovery features provide a dramatic reduction in recovery times. The problem is that the overhead of legacy backup-storage software makes the performance of that instantly recovered VM or application unusable and risky. S1:Backup is the first backup storage solution that can be standby-production storage. IT can now take the time required to investigate the ransomware attack, software bug, or hardware failure that instigated recovery without impacting users or applications.
S1:Backup is the first to deliver a production-class experience:
• Highly-Available backup cluster • Supports FC, iSCSI, NVMe-oF, NFS, SMB and S3 protocols
• Enterprise-class performance and features
• At backup storage prices!
Safest, Most Cost-Effective Long-Term Data Retention Modern backup software supports decade-plus data retention, but modern backup storage can't scale to meet this capability. The lack of scale forces customers to add yet another storage silo, an archive. S1:Backup delivers built to last backup storage supporting the highest-density hard disk drives (HDD) without compromising availability. It can scale to 15+PBs in a single cluster for long-term data retention while delivering high-performance backup and recovery.
S1:Backup provides genuine support of high-density HDD:
• Fastest RAID rebuilds, recovering from 18TB drive failure in two hours (competing solutions take days)
• Unique bit-error-rot protection, critical for long-term retention
• Ultimate flexibility, mix new drive densities without creating new volumes or reconfiguring backup jobs S1:Backup is the first backup storage solution designed to complement modern backup storage software, delivering complete ransomware protection and recovery while extending the value of the backup storage investment and dramatically lowering the upfront and long-term costs of storage.
StorONE is changing the perception of storage from an IT cost center to a resource that provides organizations with vital competitive advantages. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in Texas, Tel Aviv, and Singapore. Additional information about StorONE is available at storone.com.