SoftIron, the worldwide leader in true private cloud infrastructure, today announced new functionality aimed at enterprise, government, and MSP users worldwide. These enhancements allow users to enjoy the same advantages of public cloud in their own on-premises infrastructure.
“Since our initial launch in 2023, SoftIron has seen customer adoption in life sciences, education, manufacturing, and government,” said Jason Van der Schyff, COO at SoftIron. “As early customers push the private cloud envelope, we’ve increased performance in nearly every area.”
World’s First True Private Cloud
76% of enterprises are trying to run private cloud. However, existing solutions fail to deliver the true cloud experience customers are used to with the public cloud. SoftIron’s HyperCloud delivers the world’s first true private cloud with purpose-built infrastructure designed to deliver the same cloud experience enterprises desire, such as:
- Ready-to-run. Installing HyperCloud takes a half rack and a half day, after which users enjoy a fully functional private cloud.
- Full cloud scalability. HyperCloud can scale all aspects of their cloud independently and without limit. This includes compute, storage, networking, and so on.
- Cloud elasticity. HyperCloud nodes can be added or removed at will, and HyperCloud automatically reconfigures and redistributes workloads, storage, etc.
- Deploys and manages like a true cloud. HyperCloud supports easy-to-use portals or API-driven “Infrastructure-as-Code” deployment. Customers can make full use of tools like HashiCorp Terraform or SUSE Rancher to maintain their private cloud instantiations.
- Multi-tenancy. HyperCloud offers full secure multi-tenancy to ensure that workloads from different tenants (whether within or outside your organization) aren’t visible to each other.
SoftIron has added powerful new nodes that allow customers to tackle tougher workloads.
- 64-Core/128-Thread AMD EPYC Compute Nodes
- NVIDIA-based GPU Intelligence Nodes
- Socionext-based ASIC Intelligence Nodes
To allow for smoother and more scalability, SoftIron has broadened its portfolio of storage nodes:
- Density (HDD) Storage 48TB, 72TB, 120TB, 144TB, 216TB & 240TB
- Performance (SSD) Storage 56TB & 112TB
- Performance+ (NVMe) Storage 26TB & 52TB
SoftIron adds three new interconnect nodes to handle tomorrow's faster workloads.
- 1GbE Management Interconnects
- 25GbE High-Speed Interconnects
- 100GbE Spline Interconnects
“The VMware acquisition by Broadcom and their subsequent moves are forcing many VMware users to re-evaluate their use of this technology,” said Rob Hough, CEO at reseller Etage. “Enterprises need to consider the right strategy forward for a world where new applications, designed to run on cloud-native infrastructure, are the new normal--including on-premises. Being able to offer our customers choice through partnerships with the likes of SoftIron has ensured we are seamlessly positioned to help our clients navigate these challenging times.”
SoftIron is a Silicon Valley-based worldwide leader in true private cloud infrastructure. HyperCloud by SoftIron allows organizations to build a true private cloud on-premises that deploys, manages and consumes like public cloud. HyperCloud provides the elasticity of cloud in a solution that is fast and simple to deploy, driving extreme agility. HyperCloud delivers the benefits of AWS Outposts or Azure Stack HCI but in a cloud-neutral solution. Learn more at www.SoftIron.com.