[Podcast] DevOps Explained
Welcome to DevOps Explained, a podcast that explores how DevOps is influencing the business and practice of software. We discuss what a sound DevOps strategy looks like — and how, with leadership support, DevOps can scale up well across an organization.
This CIO Dive Brand Studio podcast is sponsored by Puppet, which provides automation for the entire software delivery life cycle.
Check out the podcast episodes below.⬆
- Ep. 2 Building a Solid DevOps Foundation
- Ep. 1 The CIO Revolution: How the role of the CIO has evolved
Building a Solid DevOps Foundation
Excellent DevOps doesn’t just pop out of thin air. It’s built on a foundation of practices that, if done consistently, have the biggest impact in terms of driving down error rates, supporting effective collaboration, and streamlining operations.
This episode covers the five foundational practices that are critical to DevOps:
- The team that operates a service must be able to configure all monitoring and alerting for that service.
- When building applications or services, reuse deployment patterns.
- Reuse testing patterns for building applications or services.
- Teams contribute improvements to tooling provided by other teams.
- Use a configuration management tool to manage all configurations.