Google rolls out ML, security and Salesforce tools
On Wednesday, Google introduced Cloud AutoML, a suite of products designed to make machine learning more accessible for developers with limited AI expertise. The first service released, Cloud AutoML Vision, facilitates the creation and training of image recognition ML models, promising increased accuracy, simple interfaces and quick turnaround time. Developers can then deploy their models on the Google Cloud Platform.
Additionally, the G Suite got access to a security center offering security health monitoring, security analytics for threat detection and a dashboard of various security metrics, according to a Google Blog post the same day.
- Google rounded out the midweek with the introduction of the first integration under its Salesforce partnership announced in November. The integration links the Salesforce Sales Cloud to Google Analytics 360, and more connections are set for release in the coming months, according to the announcement.
Google unloaded a lot of news for one day, especially just after the introduction of a new online IT certificate program and the announcement of the new Google Cloud Platform regions and submarine cables.
Although perhaps after a few weeks headlines focusing on the effects of the Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities on the company, it was time for a different direction. And if all of Wednesday's announcements had a theme, it was streamlining and simplifying.
From democratizing AI and ML one step further and easing the burden on cybersecurity managers to branching out interoperability with a major software provider, Google is beefing up its enterprise cloud offerings.
Google is committed to strengthening its cloud posture and that means challenging AWS and Microsoft in the cloud market — no easy feat. The company's expertise in the AI and ML markets, coupled with the open source tools and platforms it has made available for these technologies, will bolster the company as AI continues to sweep through business operations.
- Google Blog Cloud AutoML: Making AI accessible to every business
- Google Blog Introducing the security center for G Suite—security analytics and best practices from Google
- Google Analytics Solutions Integration of Salesforce Sales Cloud to Google Analytics 360 is now available
- CIO Dive Why the Salesforce partnership is a big deal for Google Cloud
Follow Alex Hickey on Twitter